Welcome to the first official post of the What Are You Reading Blog! Bookmark, subscribe and RSS us for weekly updates on Readers Advisory trends, topics, crowdsourcing, musings, and tales from the front line.
For our inaugural post, I want to shamelessly promote our upcoming workshop — RA in a Half Day, featuring:
* Keynote speaker Sean Cranbury, who will talk about the role of social media in connecting readers to books and building communities of readers,
* Online Bookmarking Tools and Tricks for Promoting RA, with Tara Matsuzaki and Heidi Schiller,
* Speed dating through the genres,
* A tour of Surrey’s new Central Library,
* And delicious refreshements, including local chef-made parfaits and breads!
Here are the details:
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(*Doors will open at 8:30 am)
Room 120, City Centre Library, Surrey Public Library
10350 University Drive, Surrey, BC
*There will be a guided tour of this amazing new library after the workshop.
BCLA Members: $30
*Light refreshments will be provided.
Registration: Registration is currently open but will end on October 15, 2012.
Register here: http://www.bcla.bc.ca/rasecrets
See you at the workshop!
— Heidi Schiller
(Photo: On the Platform, Reading, courtesy of Moriza, http://www.flickr.com/photos/moriza/96724309/)